Estate Property Services is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
- names, addresses, email addresses,
- phone and facsimile numbers,
- bank account details,
- information required for selling a vehicle or property, eg: copies of drivers’ licence, car registration/insurance information, property information.
This information is collected in accordance with applicable personal data laws.
We collect information that you provide directly to us during the course of enquiring &/or hiring us to provide services to you. This can be done through:
- phone calls or texts,
- Facebook messaging &/or Buy/Swap/Sell groups.
- We may also collect information from you during the course of completing a job, including taking photos/videos of your property &/or possessions.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How we use your information
- Provide requested services as detailed in your Service Agreement
- Administer and manage these services
- To answer enquiries
- To sell estate items to on-line, to second-hand dealers or at garage sales. And/or arrange for items to be picked up by purchasers at the property.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- To Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure, as detailed in your Service Agreement
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards where your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years or as required by law.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing. You can request:
- Access to your personal information and request a copy of such information, subject to law
- Request correction and updating of your personal information
- Demand the deletion or personal data, subject to law
- Withdraw a consent to process personal data, subject to law
Estate Property Services will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for performing your request. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Estate Property Services
Address: PO Box 902
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Phone: 0477 93 96 99.